Sunday, September 04, 2011

A lovely little visit

Logan's Grammum has lived in Anacortes, WA for many years. It's a couple hours north of us, or at least it is on a good day. We drove up yesterday for a little visit and due to holiday traffic it was over three hours before we arrived. But Katie napped for a bit and we had a trivia book and a new DVD for Rowan to help pass the time so it was okay. Once we were finally there we unloaded and hung out for a bit. After dinner we walked down to the little beach with Rowan, Katie, and Max. We left Henry the standard poodle to keep Grammum company since Katie had forgotten she'd ever seen him and was quite frightened of him.

I had left my regular camera back at home so I just made due with my cell phone camera. Here we are making our way the three blocks to the beach.





Made it!









Katie exploring safely behind a log with the ferry building in the background.




Getting a little braver, tossing sand...










...and braver still!
"Throwing" rocks with Rowan. (Katie doesn't really know how to throw yet, we're still working on the release part. But she still has fun!)

Dinner anyone?
Logan found this little guy and placed him on a piece of "beach glass" ;)






Not the best shot of myself but Katie looks cute and since I'm pregnant I'm trying to be more accepting of my image as I know it's a tad larger than normal! ;)






It was a beautiful evening!





Rowan showing off his "skateboard" he is rarely without an imaginary toy or weapon of some sort. Most often it's a skateboard or snowboard.







I asked Rowan what he was pointing at but he doesn't remember. (I think it was some birds.) He also asked me if I could "turn" the picture so we could just see what it was that he was looking at.




I laughed at first but maybe the kid is onto something. Maybe in the future cell phone cameras will take 360 degree pictures so that will be possible. Who knows?!


There aren't any pictures of the rest of the evening but we had a good time. The kids brushed their teeth and went off to bed. Grammum, Logan, and I watched CSI Miami then hit the sack. Somewhere around 3am Rowan joined Logan and I in bed but Katie slept soundly through the night. This morning we had delicious waffles, played around the house for a bit, then while Katie napped Logan provided Grammum with some slave labor while Rowan and I hit the beach again!

I let Ro wade into the water to throw rocks even father.

Katie had a good multi-hour nap and after a yummy lunch we packed up to hit the road. As we were heading out Katie was pointing and saying "dees" (please) towards Grammum's stair chair. Grammum sat down and I set Katie on her lap. At first Katie was nervous, I think she pictured Henry bounding wildly around the corner or something but he was outside on the deck. After a second she calmed down and enjoyed her ride down the stairs :)

Thanks Grammum for the wonderful time! We will see you soon I'm sure :)

2 comments:

mommarazzi said...

What a great way to spend part of your long weekend. I'm sure Sally loved seeing you all.

It's going to be different after she moves. But this way you have added incentive to go to Sisters. (as if Gremmy and Goddy aren't enough).

One of these times we are going to have to get to Anacortes. We haven't really been much north of Seattle. Perhaps you could join us and show us around.

Way to post as soon as you got home!!! I need to get back to doing that too.

Kathryn said...

Precious times with the great-grammum! We'll all miss Anacortes, that's for sure. Thanks for making more memories there.