PUYALLUP STATE FAIR
I was pretty excited about the fair this year. We went a year or two ago with a friend and her daughter and Rowan had a great time. They even had a mountain boarding show! Which was just guys on mountain board riding ramps and doing some tricks (a mountain board is like a skateboard with giant tires). Rowan liked watching them. The only bummer this year came when we got our ticket cards. There was a big sign above the booth with the rules on it. Two of the biggest were "No pregnant women allowed on any rides" and "no riders under 2". So us girls had to miss out a bit :(
It's a good thing Katie thought that riding on Rowan's seat in the back of the stroller was super awesome ;) she seemed to like it about as much as a ride!
So it was a boys day on the rides. Kicking things off was the carousel.
Next was the rocket ride! A favorite from last time.
A new ride for us this year was a tiny little roller coaster with sweet cars and such to ride. Rowan picked the blue one (of course)
Then he rode it again on the motorcycle ("revving" it the whole way around!)
The kids controlled the ups and downs in their helicopters on this ride. Rowan's seemed like it never stopped bouncing!
Katie didn't seem to mind watching :)
Logan and Rowan went together on Billy the spinning bear. Ro was so excited that he was dancing in line. They got it spinning pretty good!
Finally we got to something Kates could do to. The animal barn! Unfortunately after patting a bunny she became very shy of every other animal and didn't want to pet them.
The hand washing station however was super fun!
After some funnel cake Rowan and Logan went on one last "ride".
Next year will be better since Katie will be able to ride as well. I have a feeling our little bike loving girl will have a blast going up, down, and all around :) I'm happy though that this year she didn't know what she was missing.
Fun at the park!
The next day the kids and I hung out at the park for a while before running errands. I try to stay a good amount of time when we go so it's worth it. That day we stayed for 45 minutes! Longer than usual :)
They went all over the place! On the slides and the bars and the climbing things and through tunnels, etc. I didn't take a lot of photos though being that it was just them and me but I did manage some swingin' pics.
After seeing Rowan swinging on his tummy Katie just HAD to try. Too bad she couldn't reach the ground ;) oh well. She had fun anyway!
Back to the "Oh Golly Woods"
Last year for Mother's Day Logan treated me with a family walk in the Olallie state park which Rowan at the time deemed the "Oh Golly Woods". It's a lovely spot up near North Bend, WA. Last time I was two months post pregnant and it seemed a tad easier . . . ;) All in all it was a lot of fun and not too hard.
It took us almost an hour to get to the falls but it was worth it!
I had to put a few shots together to show you the whole thing and it really doesn't do it justice. It was GIGANTIC and beautiful! Truly awesome :)
Down the trail a bit. A rare candid shot of Mom (I'm usually behind the camera)
You can now see a bit of roundness to my belly. At 7 months pregnant I'm a little surprised that you can't see it all the time, from EVERY angle ;) but the light in this shot does show that it's starting to poke out pretty good.
A successful trip indeed!
2 comments:
More fun than families should be allowed to have!! Loved going there with you in spirit!!
With all the sports and things your guys take part in, Katie's learned to be a good spectator. She is going to be an enthusiastic participator before too long!
Way to have fun family adventures!
Post a Comment