Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Hooray for fun times

Logan and I got back from our Sisters trip yesterday. It was super fun. I met many people including Logan's grandma, aunt, uncle and their dog which means that along with his Mum, Dad, brother, grandpa and his parent's dog, I hung out with his entire American family this weekend. :) I liked it a lot. I'm getting a great family :D I also met some friends; some of whose names I remember, such as Tim the guy with crazy dogs, Barry, Kathy, The Overstreets, Brad the guy at EuroSports (affectionately known by Hilmans as "Logan's bike shop" since he used to work there) and a greater some whom I've forgotten the names of but would probably remember if I were reminded: Kathy and Barry's daughter, their little LITTLE dog whom Logan threw across the room into its bed (that was funny), the video store lady (who gave us free movies and has lovely smelling flowers in her store). One of Logan's old teachers was too busy to hook up or something, another friend was not home when we visited so we stuck a note to his door with a throwing knife :) that was fun, aaaaaand I think that's about it, oh there were a few ladies at the ranch and some people at church whose names have also been forgotten.

haha, Cameron is funny. Logan's Grandma gave me a REALLY SUPER cute picture of him when he was about 4 holding a sheep. Cameron, being the city kid he is, thought at first that the sheep as a goat I laughed and told him that it was a sheep. That was yesterday. Just now we had a little conversation that went like this.
"Lyssa?"
"Yeah Cam?"
"You know that picture of Logan when he was little?"
"Yeah"
"Well, you know that llama, camel, whatever-it-is that he was holding?"
*laughs* "It's a sheep, what about it?"
"Is it real?"
*laughs again* "Yeah, it's real"
*blank look* "Oh"

I just realized I say yeah a lot. Oh well, whatever. I got to tramp and slide through the woods, over, under and around boulders with Logan to his and Brandon's "secret spot" that was beautiful but I was scared to be there because I had slipperyish shoes and we were on top of a huge snowy boulder next to a fast moving, very cold looking river. Logan said that's where he would have liked to propose to me and I told him that I'm glad he didn't because it proves that things don't have to turn out just like you imagined them for them to be perfect. :) We also drove around Bend and I got a Surly sticker that may still be in Logan's truck, and a hunting baseball cap which I know to be at my house. Anyway, I like being in Sisters, I love being with Allan and Kathryn (and their family), I love love LOVE being with Logan, and I like tea with milk and ginger nuts a LOT :) They all say I'll fit into the family well, especially after Allan asked Logan which side of the garage his truck was parked on (meaning the right or left side of the driveway) and I said it was parked on the front side. :) The only thing that I would say the Godsiff home needs is crayons.

Now I must go for I work tonight and getting ready is gonna take a while cause I feel like crap :P I think I'll make myself some tea before I go, I wish I had some ginger nuts.

2 comments:

WallaWallaDay said...

Ah, Alyssa. Sounds like a great trip! I'm glad you got to go to Sisters finally. Is that where you're going to live when Logan is not stationed somewhere or whatever... (I know little of this military stuff).

Lyssa said...

Maybe, that'll be at least two years after we're married so it's really not planned out yet. We talked a little about it, it's an option anyway. I like it a lot :D