Well it's been a crazy few months. With Logan busier than ever, us driving over 2,000 miles in a month, Hayden coming to visit, still getting used to Virginia and its "real summer", and Miss Evelyn now nearly 9 months old! 9 months means a busy, crawling, exploring, investigating, busy, hungry, teething, busy, busy girl. (and perhaps the chief reason this blog is gathering dust) This picture-ful, sort of long catch-up is probably going to be it for me until Rowan's birthday at least!
I wish I could share these blessings that fill my hands so fully with you all everyday. All the hilarious things that comes out of their mouths, adorable faces made, each milestone and benchmark, and all the adventures along the way. Unfortunately that is proving to be a bit more than this mama of three preschoolers can handle right now. So even though I want to be sharing more of the love and joy these kiddos bring these posts will have to be fewer and farther in between. At least for a little while ;)
Here now is a small glimpse of our summer time adventures
(about 35 pictures out of around 1,300 taken)
Back at the end of June we had a large storm come through and knock down most of our tree out front. Of course Logan wasn't home that night which was a blessing because it fell in his parking spot (only lightly scratching my car)
This is what most of our days look like. Messy house and half clothed kids playing crazy games.
In July Uncle Hayden came to visit
| A kid and pet friendly 4th! |
| Evie was quite intrigued |
A few days later we hit the road
U.P. bound!
| "swimming" at Cabelas in Dundee, MI |
| stopping to rest and stretch |
| Good little traveler! |
| Vacationing is hard work! |
I can't swim so we don't get to water much, least of all here in hot and humid Northern Virginia. But in the Upper Peninsula the temperature is lower, and water is the place to be!
(I could fill a book with all my lake and canal pictures! This is only a small taste of the fun)
We love Lake Superior!
And had good fun in the canal behind my Gramma's house
When we weren't playing in the water we were enjoying all the family that was around.
| Up on "all fours"... just the beginning! |
All too soon it was time to go. With Hayden as co-pilot we packed up and headed back down to VA
| Pretty view, cute girls, crazy boy, and slightly tired Mama |
Back in the "shallow south" we tried to enjoy the sights that D.C. has to offer.
We thought a late night visit would be best. I suppose it was but with temperatures still into the 90s at nearly 10pm is was unexpectedly short.
| Fountains at the WWII memorial |
The next day it was raining at lunch time. Hayden was so enjoying the relatively cool temps he voted for grilled hot dogs. Logan, being the awesome brother-in-law he is obliged.
We also made it to Manassas and the site of the First Battle of Manassas, which I understand to be the fight that kicked off the Civil War.
No trip to the battlefield is complete without a meal at the Cracker Barrel!
| A game of giant checkers is a must! |
Soon enough it was time to bid Hayden a fond farewell
The kids love seeing people off at the airport but in only a couple months it'll be us going through security!
| I told them to pose |
This is one of my favorite pictures from our trip.
It's taken looking back (north) in the rearview mirror at the Mackinac bridge that connects Michigan's peninsulas. The reminder that our family and the wonderful place that is da U.P. are never far from our hearts and minds is apparent but it goes beyond that too. This reminds me that even though Virginia feels worlds away from everything I've known up to this year that all those things aren't that far. A "short" 5 hour plane ride is going to be all it takes for the kids and I to be back in our PNW home this October.
I can't wait until our "big adventure" as the kids have been calling it. I'm also happy to be a mere 1,000 miles from our second home in the Keweenaw and can't wait for our next "medium sized adventure" north!
Well, there's a taste of our summer so far. I'll check back in when we are blessed with cooler weather. I'm sure I'll take a lot of pictures, I hear the autumn colors on the east coast are amazing!
Until then, may the Lord bless you and keep you all!
2 comments:
You're life is one adventure after another. These past 8 months have tested and tried you in ways you've never been tried before. You have met every challenge and storm (literally) and come through a more mature woman. Your children are happy and healthy and your Logan is a blessed man.
Thanks for the post. As always I love seeing those kiddos and you guys too.
We are soooooo looking forward to this Fall! Start making lists so we can fill our days with fun and picture taking!
Such a great catch-up! We're looking forward to the visit too. Hang in there these last hot-blast weeks. Relief is on the way!!
Post a Comment