Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving thanks

I have so many things that I am thankful for! Obviously this last week was "the week" to be mindful of all those things and so here (with photographic record!) are just a few of mine.


I am thankful for my road ready kids and dog :)
These three are quite the road warriors. We've logged quite a few miles north and south in the last few years. It'll be interesting going east for a change but I'm confidant that my amazing kids and great little dog with handle the travel well :)


I am thankful for good driving weather

(I am also thankful that our new camera takes good pictures from the car.)


I am thankful for my wonderful and crafty Mom :)
After pulling the carseat down from the attic and discovering mouse damage I was discouraged because I know handmade replacement covers are quite spendy. Luckily after a call to my Mom everything was okay. She said it wouldn't be a problem to recover it and we could get some fabric on black Friday. We did and she masterfully covered the offending holes while making it's even cuter and all Evie's :) Thank you Mom!! <3


I am thankful for Gar-bear
(and the other cousins!)

We've been lucky to have been so close to them and I'm glad that all of them like each other and get along... as much as any group of toddlers and young children can get along anyway ;)
(also for fun/silly setting on my camera. This one is called "magic frame")


I am thankful for my cute little girl who loves her Dad :)


I am thankful for Logan being home,
especially for his motivation, good attitude, smile, and clear head. (Late pregnancy and "baby brain" do not lend themselves to moving preparations).
I am also thankful for the great time we've had in this house and this town and for new adventures on the horizon, supportive friends and family all around. I am also thankful and amazed by the peace that I feel concerning everything coming in the next couple months.
God is good!



I am thankful for my sweet, goofy, big boy who likes to be silly :)
(and the "timer pictures" he takes)
And last but not least for the relative ease of this pregnancy. I know I am truly blessed to not only be healthy but to have any energy at all these last few weeks ;) This week I'm 39 weeks pregnant. The doctor reported this morning that Evelyn has "dropped" and that things are moving along. We could go into labor at any time but if this little girl follows previous patterns she'll wait another week or two then come out in a hurry!


I guess we'll just hurry up and wait... but we're good at that ;)

8 comments:

mommarazzi said...

Your life skills have been trained right along with Logan's job skills. You amaze me in the way you go with the flow.

We too are so thankful for all of the shared times. Looking forward to technologically shared times in the months ahead!

Rowan can be the official baby photographer when the time comes. Do you have lists made and bags packed? Make sure the camera makes it to the hospital :0)

loverstreet said...

i say this with every pregnancy, but you are the cutest preggo ever! good luck with the next few weeks.

btw, what exactly is logan doing in that photo in the bathroom?

loverstreet said...

on my comment i meant to say "i say this every time you are pregnant" not that i say that to everyone. which is sort of how it sounds.

Lyssa said...

No problem Linds, I read it the way you meant it :) He's painting over an outline of my head. (We painted silhouette outlines the day we replaced the bathroom light fixture.) Just a random but strangely significant act that I took a picture of :)

Kathryn said...

Inside every mother is an adventurer waiting to get out. You're following a long line, right back to the Mayflower. Well, actually it's Logan's side that is but you can borrow us. We're proud of you too and can't wait for that middle-of-the-night call about Evie :)

Evan said...

Can't wait to meet her!

Lyssa said...

Actually I think my Dad's Mom's family history in America goes back to the 1700s in New York so they may have come over in similar circumstances to the Mayflower. Also my great-great-grandma (I think, Mom you'll have to vouch for the relation) walked the Oregon trail. Our kids have excellent lineage :D

mommarazzi said...

Yup you are right Lys. Your great great grandma VanAtta did walk the Oregon Trail. Your mother however left Michigan in a 1957 Chev pick-up and came across the Canadian Rockies before dropping back down into the states to settle here. As you've probably heard, those mountains seemed like a giant barrier between me and my beloved Michigan. One I was sure (in my newlywed brain) that I was not going to be able to cross back over even to visit. (I think I read too many novels about the trials and hardships of the Oregon Trail.) Anyway... my "home" and heart were established in my relationship with your dad.

I think "Giving Thanks" is an excellent approach for you to have for your life. Hang in there.