Thursday, May 07, 2009

I didn't even think about it :P

Well we're back home :) it's nice to be home. I'm a little disappointed I missed the daffodil blooms, they're still there a bit but the big ones are wilted. An unexpected bonus is that my tulips are tall and beautiful still :) I'd forgotten I planted those! What was it that I didn't even think about? You may ask considering the title of this post...


Well I spent quite a bit of time thinking about my flowers. I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'd most likely miss enjoying the blooms in all their glory. However I did NOT think about the lawn. It's probably at least a foot tall and those it's not raining right now it has been for the past few days and it's forcasted to rain today, tomorrow, and maybe even the next day before a two day break I don't know if it will be dry for more than two days in a row before summer!! Sheesh! stinking western Washington weather...

If I'd remembered that it's spring now and NOT winter I might have thought that someone would need to mow it a couple times before I got back. *sigh* I'm just not sure how to deal with this. Logan is SO good with the lawn! I would feel terrible if he had to see what I've done to it. Rather what I haven't done for over a month! Incase you're curious I don't want to post any pictures of it because I'm really embarrassed.

What do you do with a jungle like this? How do I mow down a foot of wet grass???

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Don't sweat it, especially now that your brothers have sweated it for you! You've just had a lesson in Growing Season 101!!

Good job, guys.