Saturday, October 25, 2008

Our first family pumpkin picking

My boys are feeling much better :) Rowan had a tough time with naps today but nevertheless we decided it was a good day to take him to the pumpkin patch for the first time. And it was :D I took a LOT of pictures. Here is a rather condensed version of our pumpkin patch fun, enjoy!


Before heading out we read one of Rowan's favorite books, "Plumply, Dumply Pumpkin" along with Peter the tiger (named for the little tiger in the book)

As I said it was a beautiful day.

Rowan was kinda sleepy when we got there so I don't think I got any pictures of him looking at the camera. But he's still cute!
His dad isn't bad looking either ;)



I don't know if you can tell but Rowan is pointing here. Almost like he's encouraging Logan, "That way Dad! Let's go over there!"





Rowan approves Logan's choice of pumpkin.




We each got a big one then found a little baby one for our little big guy :)


The pumpkin patch we went to is only maaaybe two miles from our house but by the time we got home Rowan was out like a light.

I kinda wish Rowan would've been more awake but I think he had a fun time. There were a lot of things to see and point at, not to mention he got a couple tastes of the fine pumpkin patch dirt :) yummy... and he just loves being outside. All in all I think it was a good first pumpkin patch experience.
Pumpkin carving will have to wait for another day but I'll be sure to post a couple pictures of that adventure too.

7 comments:

mommarazzi said...

You guys are just like Jon and Kate plus Eight minus seven. Pumpkin patches are so fun. Did you bring your own wheelbarrow?

I'm so glad you took lots of pictures. Way to be a family making memories!!!!

Lyssa said...

The pumpkin patch provided the wheelbarrow. Why are we like Jon and Kate?

mommarazzi said...

They went to the pumpkin patch with their kids. Didn't you see that episode?

Lyssa said...

Probably but it doesn't stick out in my mind.

I quite like that we are Logan and Alyssa plus one. Those other seven can wait a few years ;)

mommarazzi said...

I like Logan and Lyssa plus Rowan too. That boy is almost one year old!!!!

Trail Troll said...

That looks like so much fun. Monika took a weekend job working at our local P patch the place is always hopping.Logan I've been meaning to call but wanted to check in here first. Glad you all are doing so well. lyssa you look great, Rowan looks adorable, and Logan still looks ugly as a stump. Oh well 2 outta 3's not bad. Wow almost a year! that's exciting, so he will be about a year and a half older than our kid. .....talk to you soon.

Vivian said...

I don't get homesick very often, but this fall the pumpkin patch photos showing up on all my favorite blogs are - just - slaying - me. What fun, what exciting times for the little ones. Wish we were there too!