Thursday, October 25, 2007

still waiting...

Well, Rowan is still hanging out inside but he is showing signs that he might be thinking about wanting to start heading out soon. I've got to almost 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced (which I was a week ago) but as of my appointment yesterday afternoon in a week he's dropped from a negative three station to a negative two. So he's making his way, slowly but surely :) I suppose that means he'll be a laid back little guy. His dad and I have been using this time to get his room ready, we're going to be getting a sweet blue rocking chair from Logan's grandparents which I'm excited about. Here's a shot of it with Murphy rockin a bit of a Vanna White vibe ;) though not quite as smiley....

Aaaaand we just finished painting! ... almost, there are a couple spots I want to touch up on the blue and green but we could get by just fine if I don't get a chance. It still looks good :)Here the green look a bit more yellow than it actually is, this smaller picture is a bit more true to life. I think they're nice baby boy colors, they remind me of winnie the pooh.

Other than painting I've busied myself with washing and folding clothing and bedding. Even though I'm not up to much I feel like I'm going a bit nuts. The other day I started five or six different small jobs like washing dishes, cleaning off the coffee table, putting Rowan's stroller together and cooking a grilled cheese sandwich without finishing any and had two or three more things in my head that I wanted to start also. I feel scatterbrained :P (just incase you're wondering I only burnt the sandwich a little bit) I hope I have everything ready for this little guy when he decides it's time to come out. I wish I at least had a window of time...

4 comments:

mommarazzi said...

Very cool paint job. Isn't it amazing how everything came together? Rowan waited for his room to be ready for him. Yeah Rowan!

loverstreet said...

i love, love, love the room! it is a beautiful boy nursery. you have a knack for this stuff lyss...
i hope you and logan enjoy this time of anticipation.
we love you lots!

Lola Bacon said...

Go baby go!

Super cute room - I'm jealous. Hopefully Simon's new room will look as nice

loverstreet said...

too bad the countdown to rowan doesn't count upwards past his due date! i hope he shows his face to the world soon--as do you, i am sure. hang in there!