Saturday, October 06, 2007

running out of room

Someone please convince my son that it is quite impossible for him to stand up inside me... I don't think he believes me... With regard to my earlier post (below) I wonder who is rubbing off on whom the inclination to rebel against their physical situation... ;)

Of course I know he's not consciously defying the confines of the womb... it just makes everything a lot more fun and bearable to attribute motives and/or specific actions to his movements :) 'cause it seriously does feel like he's trying to do a handstand on my bladder sometimes :P and it's in those moments when a sense of humor really helps. I like to imagine being able to see in there with one of those xray screens from old cartoons that I could just step behind and see a silhouette of my body and Rowan inside a white oval doing gymnastics and p.t. with a boxer's robe and headphones on with some little Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee posters on the wall.

4 comments:

loverstreet said...

did you eat something before you posted this? it sounds a little like you didn'...:)

can't wait to see you next month.

Lyssa said...

Actually I had a mug of corn flakes :) We're totally excited to see you too!

Vivian said...

you look pretty cute with that big belly...waiting to hear good news. wish we could be there!
kiley vivi bruce

Lola Bacon said...

This baby thing is so awesome Alyssa, I can't wait for your Rowan to come out! It can get so hard and emotional, but it's so worth it. Yay for being a mommy!