I bet you're all wondering what wonderful adventures I've been up to and why I haven't posted... or maybe you just assume that I am busy, that I have a life... hehehe, a life...
Well I'm not all that busy, unless you count preparing to move as busy. I guess I don't really because it's just one thing with a bunch of parts. I'm sure I'll feel crazy busy tomorrow and Sunday when we're actually physically moving everything out of the apartment. Then not busy because I'll be in Portland (yay!) then busy again in a week and a half or perhaps two weeks when we (being myself and whoever of my family and friends is free and willing to help) move everything into the house.
As for now I'm just sitting at home, about to maybe heat up left over Safeway soup from the fridge, and being really frustrated with this U Haul business. It's actually a great deal it's just that when someone from "my local" uhaul place called me this afternoon I forgot to ask which one they were and they didn't say :P so we know we have a trailer rented at a uhaul somewhere in or around Tacoma we just don't know where to go. On top of that we don't even know if we can get a hold of anyone this late. I found a number to call... I'm on hold... I've decided that voices that sound like an attempt to soothe any frustrated customers most likely only antagonize them to hang up or else be very angry once they do connect with a human being. They say things about how they're doing everything they can to get to your call as fast as they can, and that you'll be helped in no time and amazing flying ninja cats and turtles are racing through the streets of Tokyo helping everyone who called before you to make sure you can talk to someone soon!!! well maybe not the last bit exactly....
Hokay! I talked to someone! I talked to a national person (I guess) and they told me which uhaul I was supposed to get my trailer from. So I called Logan, who was about 25 minutes away (in good traffic) and he said he and his buddies would leave right away. I called the place just to make sure they'd be good to head over there and the faithful employee (who, by the way, didn't sound all too sure of himself but I'd like to think that he is a faithful and dutiful employee) said, "that isn't 'till tomorrow" :P but when I talked to the lady this afternoon SHE said I could pick it up today and she'd give me an extra day free! Alas, the proud U-haul employee informed me that they shut down outside operations at quarter 'till. So I guess we'll get it tomorrow...
In the mean time adventures shall ensue!! A couple of Logan's buddies are hanging out at our apartment tonight (fun!) and at midnight Logan and I are going to drive to the airport to pick up yet ANOTHER buddy! Why are we gallivanting around so late the night before we embark on a weekend of moving? You may ask... this may just be the flying ninja cats and turtles talking but it's be good times.
And that's just the way things go! In Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacoma!
oh, one more thing. An update on Max, the poor little guy is hiding underneath the couch, he got neutered today (we have impeccable timing eh?) He'll probably just chill under a table or chair somewhere while everything is going on tomorrow. I'm not quite sure...
No comments:
Post a Comment