and by that I mean when it sucks it can REALLY suck. It seems like everytime something goes wrong involving the truck I lock my keys inside along with my spare set and my dog, except this time the lights are on.
I was backing out of my parents driveway, normally I don't park there but Hayden, Courtney, Cameron and I washed my truck and that's the sensible place to do it. Anyway I was an idiot and rammed into a (nice) car parked across the street. Luckily the guy who owns it was close by (I don't know if he was inside or not) so I didn't have to knock on someone's door and inform them that I'd just put a gigantic dent in their front bumper. Anyway, I was all emotional and scared and stuff so I parked and got out of my truck right away. Unfortunately my habit is to lock the door when I get out of it instead of remembering to take my keys out of the ignition. I heard the dinging noise but assumed it was only the lights and I was willing to leave them on for a second while I apologized to the man. So now I'm waiting for my dad to get home and help me get into my truck to save my dog and my battery, then I can get my insurance information and call the man who turned out to be pretty understanding and nice about it. Though I'm sure that me fighting back tears the whole time I talked to him may have persuaded him in that direction.
I sure wish this "first" could have waited until Logan was here too. It'd be nice to have that comfort, but at least I'm here in Portland, not stuck outside my truck with a puppy and a draining battery inside out in the middle of nowhere at some truck stop or something. Hooray for adventures.
1 comment:
BIG bummer! Well, what is the old cliche? "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger"...or something like that. By the time Logan gets back, you'll be an old pro at solving these types of lovely situations :) (Hopefully, they won't involve further car accidents, though.) That is no fun no matter how long you've been driving, but really no fun when you are just starting to drive. I'm sorry for you!
Post a Comment