Thursday, January 12, 2006
My husband is a genius
hokay, so, I was originally only signed up for my color theory class but Logan suggested I try a drawing class, which I had been a bit timid to try because I doubt my skills. Anyway, I took the advice of my signed up for a class and I'm a bit nervous about it because it's an intermediate class and I've never even had a beginning class. Anyway we jumped right into assignments and I'm pretty jazzed about this first one. We have to make a bug from three others. I put together the legs of a stick bug, the body of a beetle and the face of an apple blossom weevil. The scan is a bit dirty and this is only my first actual drawing of it. I don't know what I'm going to call it though... I also have to make up a biological background. I'm thinking I'll say it's from New Zealand because I can attribute any really weird things I think of to how remote the islands are and how there are places that no one has even been to there, that's where my bug is from. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh he is so scary! Way to go Alyssa, that guy is great.
I can't imagine you being scared of drawing! You're so good at it! Watch, it will probably end up being your favorite class...it seems to work that way :) Great bug!
that is an awesome bug. I bet I could keep one as a pet! Someone on the floor has a baby turtle, they have to let me have a non-existant composite bug from a remote island of New Zealand! but anyway - way to be on taking that drawing class, I'm sure it will make your drawing skills even more amazing, which is kind of scary...
And next time you feel bad about your drawing skills, just have me draw a picture for you and you'll feel much better! :)
Post a Comment