Tuesday, April 12, 2005

More tears than I'm used to

I cried again today... I guess that isn't bad but I wish I was braver than I feel like I am. I missed a call from Logan tonight which is why I cried. He left me a message and told me not to feel bad about missing the call, but he knew I was going to anyway, and I do. When I saw that I had 2 messages on my phone after work I thought, "please don't let it be Logan" and the first one wasn't but as SOON as I heard him say, "Hey baby" I started crying. It was a bit odd in that I didn't feel so emotional I just started crying and couldn't stop for a minute or two. I know that doesn't make any sense but I'm going to leave it there just the same.
I just cried again but this time it was because I was thinking about the next time I get to see him and I'll probably cry then. It's going to be so wonderful, I can't wait. Only 96 more days....

...On second thought, I can wait. I can wait and I can pray and I can help to stop the flaming arrows of the evil one by praying scriptures and I can help to lift Logan up and give him the advantage in his struggle to grow in his relationship with God while in the midst of what can be and probably are very often overwhelming surroundings. TAKE THAT SATAN! HA!

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." Ephesians 6:10 & 11

and I take my stand.

2 comments:

Lola Bacon said...

Way to go Alyssa. Eyes on God + eyes off of self = growing closer to God and in character. Aweseome.

Bukran said...

This is Satan. Do you need some mighty wrath and hellfire? That boyfriend of yours could use some purgatory. And mind me, Missy, I know what you two have been doin' ;). Yeah, you know what I'm talking about