Thursday, February 23, 2012

Katie Katie picture lady

I've been trying to take more pictures lately. So I carry the camera in my purse and can pull it out at fun places.

Like the play area at the nearby mall

The downside of using the thing is that the battery gets used also. So I hook it up to the computer and let it charge. Katie discovered this the other day and helped herself to a few photos.











Since then Katie has been asking almost every time I have the camera out if she can take some photos. I am a big softy so I loop the strap around her little wrist a few times (so she can't drop it) and let her have some fun.

So here is a bit of what we've been up to lately
from Katie's view
(with a few shots from Mom)


Our friends came up from AL to spend Pres. day weekend with us.
We went out to Fort Hunt park to play.

























Back at home the next day























(Rowan actually took this one)




After our friends hit the road it was back to business as usual.









































Today was a bit of excitement though :)
We finally made it to the National Zoo!

I think the kids were looking for tigers.
I like how Katie was up on her toes :)


A couple hours later we ended up at the farm...
...and Katie decided she wanted a turn :)






















Of course I had to show you all the pizza play area
(very fun!)


Evie spent the day in style, that is... in a front pack :) She got a stuffed panda from the gift shop so I wanted to get a shot with her and one of the real pandas.


I will try to organize myself and get some more pictures up here soon but with all the picture taking my little almost-two-going-on-six girl had been taking I thought I should showcase them first.

Until next time.... <3

4 comments:

Courtenzia said...

Cute cute cute! I wish I could get over there sooner to visit =/ When I do get to come though, we should go to the zoo if the kids feel up to it! Also, Katie is well on her way to becoming a first-class photographer =)

mommarazzi said...

Can't get over Katie's hair being in pig tails. It's so adorable! Little miss Evie is growing like a weed too.

How big is the National Zoo? About the same size at the Oregon one? We need to get to the zoo again one of these days. We didn't get to do anything fun with Kiel and Cherise and the kids this trip.

Love the big kids on the swings. Carson looks like Superman. Keep taking pictures and blog when you can.

Lola Bacon said...

Katie is like classic girl perfection cute! Super baby sure is a super big girl now. :)

Lyssa said...

Thanks everyone :) we love and miss you all!

Mom, I'm not sure if the NZ is bigger or smaller thuan the OZ. A couple parts of it are under construction so it's hard for me to tell... Maybe a little bigger? I dunno. Fun either way :)