Monday, June 13, 2011

Birthday and Father's Day

Logan's birthday was the 6th and next Sunday is Father's Day so I thought I'd honor both this week. Logan's schedule is kinda nuts around Father's Day so we actually won't see him on the day this year. With this in mind the kids and I gave Logan (a.k.a. Ironman) very "Dad themed" gifts this year. A trophy for being an awesome "home repair handyman", a gold medal for being #1 Dad in our hearts, a personally worded card from Rowan . . . I mean Spiderman ;), and finally the Family Commendation medal.


The medal is something I've been thinking about for a while. I wanted to let Logan know that the amazing sacrifice he makes doing what he does means the world to me and that it is seen and appreciated by many. Since I pretty much knew everyone else in the family would agree I went ahead and called it the Family Commendation medal :) The description on the back reads:

"The Family Commendation medal is presented with great love and abundant pride in recognition of meritorious service and uncommon valor. Given by those who wait, hope, think about, and pray for you everyday you selflessly serve our nation "far away". Even though we may not know the details of all your actions we do know they are great and that your heart is great. What you do is not normal, you are far above average.
You are our hero."





I am blessed, honored, and more than happy to be married to such a man. I can't describe how amazingly happy I am that he is the father of my children. I hope they know some day how lucky and blessed they are, for now I just pray that they get to enjoy their Dad as much as possible and that we won't take for granted the time we have.

Happy birthday and Father's Day Logan!

2 comments:

mommarazzi said...

Happy Birthday and Happy early Father's Day!

Love the medals and such. He is such a good Dad. Not to shabby as a son-in-law either ;0)

Lyssa said...

P.S. he absolutely has shorts on in the last picture. They are black, the kids wanted him to play and he obliged. A very Dad thing to do :)