Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pause and remember

Today is Anzac day, it's sort of memorial day for New Zealand and Australia. It's a day understandably close to Logan's heart. Yesterday he took down his POW MIA flag and put up the New Zealand flag because NZ is just about a day ahead of us.


I love how proud New Zealanders are of their boys who serve and defend. When we visited in the summer of '08 I saw a war memorial in almost every town we went through (I slept through a few). This was one of my favorites, it was in Dannevirke.



This wall was in a memorial park in Hamilton. One half was names from WWI and the other was the names from WWII.
I think this last shot speaks to Logan as a father. His heart is to teach our children to always remember and honor those who have fought and died for freedom.

2 comments:

mommarazzi said...

We are proud of that New Zealand boy! Wonderful post Lys.

Unknown said...

glad you guys flew the flag. was thinking of you both