Friday, December 18, 2009

Photo catch up

Loooooooooooong time no post. Woops, I'm sure I could come up with a laundry list of reasons but I think this time I'll just shrug my shoulders and fill you in. In the last month and a half we've visited Sisters,OR, Anacortes,WA, and Portland,OR. Then we back home for a bit, Logan left, and now we're back in Portland for Christmas and through the new year. We got to see nearly all of Logan's side of the family as we came together for his Grandad Walt's memorial service. A bittersweet reunion but I am glad that we got to hang out with normally far-flung family. I'm especially happy that Logan got to be there.

It's been a while so I've got quite a few photos to share. I've made them small but I'm pretty sure if you click on them you can see the larger version.






We don't get to stay with Logan's parents as much as we'd like but when we do Rowan really likes visiting the ranch. I was happy for a sunny morning to run around, even if it was chilly.







Rowan's favorite horse. He calls her "Kah" I can't remember how to spell her name but it sounds like Tah-ni-kah







Rowan likes just about all animals. Here's Goddy introducing Rowan to a friendly black barn cat.









And here Rowan is riding Misty with Gremmy. It was only his second ride but he was really comfortable! I'm not sure if Rowan or Gremmy enjoyed it more ;)








After the service in Anacortes Rowan and Uncle Ty took advantage of the large reception room for some bonding time :)







Enjoying Thanksgiving dinner in Portland :)
He liked the turkey and bread rolls but I think the olives were favorite.










Rowan and I met up with the guys at the park after their bike ride and followed them home (Hayden is up ahead past the hedges)








Rowan marveling at his Dadad's awesomeness :D










Here's a good chunk of the gang that went to zoolights. I think we were looking at elk.







Rowan got his own little seat on the train, he loved it!








Of course I had to get a picture of the southern hemisphere friends, I like the fat little kiwi bird best :)










While doing our Christmas card photo shoot I was able to wrangle Rowan in for a sort of sibling photo :) He also gave her a kiss but it was too fast for a good picture.







I'm really happy that Logan was able to cut down a tree with Rowan this year! I don't know if Rowan will remember it but I will always push for it if we can :)











Getting the stand on... in hindsight Rowan probably shouldn't have been barefoot. Ah well, he still has all his toes ;)









Rowan helped put many of the ornaments on the tree. He did a really good job but it was tough trying to teach him that once they're on you're just supposed to look at them.








I saw this one at hallmark and just had to have it. It was sort of my Christmas resolution that even though we have to be minus one this year we were still going to have good times and be happy. It's sparkly and fun and it makes me smile.








After we finished the tree Logan put on Rowie's Imagination Movers CD and they danced :) I wish I'd gotten a video, it was super cute.







As an early anniversary celebration we went out to dinner in Olympia. Logan set up this timer shot and I love it :)



Now we're in Portland enjoying the company of family and friends through the holidays. We'll be here until my next ob appointment and then we'll be off to Sisters again!




Rowan looooves his cousin "baby Heenwee" (Henry)







I hope you enjoyed the many photos and feel suitably "updated" ;)
Sorry to have kept everyone waiting. Hopefully it won't be quite as long until the next post.

2 comments:

mommarazzi said...

Most excellent post. I love the last photo. Those slippers of Rowan's are really fast!

Kathryn said...

Awwww...can't wait till you're here again. Maybe we'll get some snow play!