2008
2009
Two year old puppy dog because this year he really likes a certain book called "Snuggle Puppy".
One year old attempting to stab a blueberry
One year old chillin with his soccer ball
Two year old gettin ready to ride down a ramp of pallets on his plastic tricycle with his new pads (Thanks godparents! :D)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROWIE!!
We got off to a bit of an early start because of daylight savings so Rowan came and hung out in our bed watching cartoons for a while. After everyone was up we went out to breakfast at the Shipwreck Cafe where we strategically opened the first gift, a viewmaster. Afterward we came home and opened most of his other presents and played a bit before a nap.
He didn't open all his other gifts before his nap because he was too enamored with all the balloons we'd blown up for him. If one even moved in his peripheral vision he'd be up and after it in a flash! A lot of kids seem to enjoy gift boxes more than their gifts, it seems ours is all about the decorations ;)
After a good rest we headed out again for a late lunch/early dinner at Red Robin. I was bummed that the little arcade they have was full when we wanted to play and empty when it was time to eat :P oh well. We wore hats, Rowan had a smoothie and a bit of spaghetti, he got two balloons, and a small sundae!
There were a couple things we didn't do that I kinda wanted to cause I'm quite pregnant, a little bit crazy, and not a good planner this time around. But at the end of the day I find myself taking stock and counting my blessings. One year later our Rowan is bigger, faster, funnier, more opinionated, louder, and talks a LOT more. I'm so happy and thankful that the Lord blessed us with this little boy!
We could never ask for more and yet as I type I'm being reminded with kicks and squirms that before long we're going to get it. I know Rowan will be a good big brother and I'm excited for our
5 comments:
Lyssa you are a great Momma! Rowan had a great birthday all around. He is quite the boy alright! It's been fun watching all the changes that have happened in the past year. He's getting so independent but still is that "snuggle puppy" at times.
Great job with the birthday post and thanks for sharing his weekend with us and "the uncles".
what an awesome post and an awesome 2 year old you have raised! without the comparison pictures it is hard to remember how small he once was. it is amazing how much his changing personality comes through in the pictures too!
glad that he can get immediate use out of the bike elbow/knee pads and that you can feel better about him riding pallets protected! :)
you planned an awesome birthday weekend, by the way. what kid doesn't love a day of candy and costumes followed by a day of cake and presents (oh, and family too!)? your planning for his birthday began long before this weekend. :)
Happy happy birthday Rowan! Looks like such a fun birthday. I can not believe our little boys are two whole stinking years old. I'm excited to see what the next year brings for the little guys, and for you to see what having a girl will be like! Yay for the babies!
How fun! One of these days we've got to get up there for his birthday as well =)
i also love that rowan is wearing knee guards but no helmet. the priorities of these boys! :)
Post a Comment