Monday, October 12, 2009

pumpkin day 2009

Our little guy is almost two! Only a couple more weeks until birthday time and that means it's time to visit the pumpkin patch! :D

Getting ready to go
Rowan sporting the scarf the Max got at his last grooming. He didn't keep it on for pumpkin picking but it was so cute I had to put this picture in.



Running to the wheelbarrows





Strong little guy! :D













Peek-a-boo!






Not a grand shot of the pumpkins here but an accurate dipiction of their current state. Dirty and in the garage, soon to be cleaned and placed lovingly in front of the house.

We'll probably wait a bit to carve them so we don't have rotted shells come Rowan's birthday eve :)

At the park

There was a little slide/fort thing made of hay bales at the farm but it cost $3 a head so Logan decided we'd just go to the park. The park nearest our house has a dog run so we brought Max along to play. When we got there the play structure was deserted and Max was way more interested in what Logan and Rowan were doing than the toy I'd brought for him to chase. So after a bit of grumbling on my part about ungrateful little dogs we invited him on up :)



I don't think Max
enjoyed the slide
quite as much as Rowan
but he did go back up
at least once more
after this :)




Everyone but Mama
went down the slide.






A good day overall I'd say :) a bit of fussing when we left the park but it was lunchtime and naptime was fast approaching so it was understandable :) The only thing I was a bit bummed by was our practical decision to hold off on carving our pumpkins. So I devised a more shelf-stable route and today Logan and I snipped and Rowan joined in for the gluing and coloring as we made some long-lasting fun happy pumpkin faces! They make me smile.

2 comments:

mommarazzi said...

Max is such a weirdo sometimes. He thinks he is a people.

I love that sweater on Rowan. It is such a great color for him. It looks like you coordinated your outfit to match his. That green is good on Logan too (even though he is not wearing it in any of these pictures). It should be declared the official "Godsiff Green"

I enjoy the variety of picture sizes and all the interesting stuff you put on your blog. It's spiffy.
Nice job Artsy Lady.

Reese said...

thats so funny max went down the slide!