Wednesday, May 27, 2009

bikes and trikes

It's no secret that Rowan has inherited his father's love of bicycles :) He's even got his own fantastic, handmade, wooden, no-pedal bike which he really really likes. In fact it was one of the first things Rowan played with with Logan the first day he was home.


Rowan likes all bikes. He'll often point them out if he spots them on the street when we're out and about. He is quite enamored with Logan's bikes especially.The other day he even got his first taste of what riding the BIG bikes is like!
It was a short slow ride but Rowan was pretty thrilled.


Yup any sort of bike will attract my boy, even one with three wheels! (Yeah, I know three wheels makes a trike not a bike but go with me)
Notice what Rowan is occupied with while everyone else is playing with bubbles at our little friend Claire's early birthday party.
He was trying to get it up onto the step.


He looked so good on Claire's little trike and was so taken with it that we went on a search for one (preferably "boy colored") for Rowan to call his own. After two or three stores we found one! It's just the right size even though he can't reach the pedals yet (he tries just about every day). I'm sure his wooden bike will be used for longer but right now the plastic trike is one that he can get on and get moving all by himself.
Doing things himself is something he is really into these days ;)


It's not a huge space under the seat but his little rugby ball fits nicely. Most of the time he just opens and closes the lid for the fun of it.

This is him waving "bye bye" to me as he was just about to head off to try and get onto the dirt under the apple tree :)

This morning was a bit chilly but he was still out there.
I'm thinking this little trike was a good choice ;)


Oh and on another note I just got a call from costco! My glasses are ready!! Nearly a week before I was expecting them! I am super excited!

1 comment:

mommarazzi said...

I'm sure your life is so much nicer these days with both your "boys" around. It does my heart good to see them enjoying their pedal passion together!