Friday, April 10, 2009

good times

We've been having some good times in Portland. We got to hang out with Cherise and Kiel and have gotten to spend a bit of time with Rowan's cousins also.

Recently Cameron got to take a class on making a bow and some arrows out of PVC pipe, string, and 1/4" dowels with erasers. He was practicing with it out front the other day shooting into the bush across the yard. Rowan thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen. He'd sit quietly and watch Cam shoot an arrow then when he'd jog over to get it Rowan would stand up and laugh. It was really funny to watch. I hope this video works, if not I took pictures too.







The sun showed its face for a couple days so we took advantage and went to the park. It was great fun!



Of course playing hard means gettin dirty so baths have been a regular occurrence the past week. On Wednesday we got to play with Rowan's cousin Danika while everyone else went to a concert at church. They were both sticky and dirty so I gave them a bath. Which they loved! Neither were too keen on getting out. Even after I'd drained all the water they stayed in the tub playing with toys and when I told them it was time to get out they both shook their heads no. Luckily I'm bigger than they are so I just lifted them out, wrapped them in towels, and carried them downstairs to get dressed. They were in better spirits once I got them out of the bathroom and away from the empty tub reminding them that their splashing funtime was over.


vacations are great :)

3 comments:

loverstreet said...

i was glad to know going into the video and before looking at the pictures that rowan was actually laughing and therefore quite happy. the sound and appearance of laughing for him does not differ that much from crying, at least when captured on film.
i am also glad to know that rowan finds humor in all kinds of silly things. he has good genes for comedic appreciation.
miss you two like crazy!

Reese said...

Fun springtime! Rowan cracks me up with his laugh.
I like that bathtime baby picture too, cute cousins :)

mommarazzi said...

He is a funny little guy. I often mistake his belly laugh for crying if I'm not in the same room he is. So goofy. He does love his cousins and his uncles and aunties and his grandmas and grandpas and his friends and his Momma is his special love but... he lights up like a Christmas tree when he hears his Dad's voice. I think he likes him the best.