Monday, February 23, 2009

Quilts and cuties and cheeks, oh my!

Last week after helping my mom make a quilt for my sister's birthday I decided I wanted one too. Logan told me I could buy myself something nice so I decided buying enough flannel for a close to queen size quilt would be nice :) It's not really big enough for my queen size bed but it does cover the top so it's a good size for movie watching and definitely big enough for two ;) I can't wait to cuddle up in it with my wonderful hubby! *sigh* :)

Anyway, here's sort of the journey from fabric squares to cuddling up.
I cut out all the squares and after laying out the pattern I stacked up each column and separated them with little numbered papers. I love that tea fabric. It's so great :)

Here's evidence I actually did do some of the sewing. I "quilted" each square with an 'X'. I asked my Mom to sew the columns together so they'd be straight and nice.

Here it is all finished :D the back is all the brown fabric.

This is the "test run" Genevieve was watching Pooh's Heffalump movie and I have to say the quilt worked juuuust fine :) I snuggled in there after we took this picture. I'm excited to take it down to Sisters and use it during the traditional watching of Pride and Prejudice :D


Tonight I gave Rowan a splashy bath which was made EXTRA special when we got an EXTRA special phone call ;) It was really fun but sort of hard to keep Rowan from standing up and trying to grab my cell phone ;) Rowan showed off his animal sounds and got a good laugh :)


Afterwards tempted by the promise of a "cookie" (animal cracker) I lured Rowan out of the tub and into a towel. Which is promptly abadoned and made a run for it :)

He ran around frightening my brother's Hayden and Cameron with his nakedness. Cameron actually jumped up on a chair, then a table to get away from him. It was so funny!




After some protest I did get him back on a towel, dried off completely and jammied.




After a bit of a bump on the head (made all better by a cuddle with mama of course) we collected blankie, donkey, and the pluggie and Rowan went to bed. he's a good boy :)

3 comments:

loverstreet said...

i can't wait to see you and your quilt when you come to sisters! when will that be?
gotta love the open mouth, scream coming out, laugh that rowan is doing in the photo! kisses for that godson of ours please...
i am also glad you got a special phone call. :)
we send our love,
brandon & lindsey

mommarazzi said...

It is a beautiful and comfy quilt. We should thank Krystle for the use of her sewing machine. It did a nice job.

Kathryn said...

We can be queens of the quilts together! You did a great job on yours, and it will become a special piece of your life for a long time, a memory of love, service and family.