Thursday, November 20, 2008

fall fun and drama

My apple tree needs to take a few lessons from my parents' maple trees on how to look in the fall. It seems like leaves sporadically turn yellow or brown and then fall down while there are still half a dozen green leaves right next to them! It looks scraggly.

Luckily Rowan doesn't care. He just wanted to be outside. This is the smile he's been giving me a lot lately. It makes me laugh :)

I love watching him play and explore.

He really liked playing in this bucket. Unfortunately he got pretty excited and started getting water in his sleeves. It was really cold water so I had to be a mean mama and take him away from the bucket. That triggered an amazing display of unhappiness which told me we'd been having so much fun playing outside we were late for naptime.


This is what happened when we came inside to change clothes. Right after I took this photo I scooped him up, took off his wet sweater, pants, and shoes and plopped him into his crib with blankie and donkey. He fussed a bit more but I turned the heat on and about ten minutes later he was sleeping soundly. Silly baby. We have been having more and more dramas like this lately, I don't know if I need to change his diet or if it's because we've changed his nap schedule or what.

The good news is I found some snowpants on sale today so this afternoon Rowan is going to get to play outside for much longer :D

1 comment:

mommarazzi said...

Poor tired little guy didn't get to stay and play outside until he froze clear through. I'm glad he has a smart mommy that knows what is good for him.

Snacks and naps... that's what Rowans need.