Thursday, September 04, 2008

boo mosquitos... hooray new laptop!

I don't like mosquitos. I keep having weird reactions to bites. It used to be that I'd get a bite and there would be an itchy but relatively ignorable little round bump. Now if I get a bite it grows and may spread into a shape more like antarctica or australia, gets warm to the touch and swells like a bruise for a few days. It's so weird! Granted the less I scratch the more it behaves and remains small and round but they still tend to be a bit warm and swell... maybe it's because I had a baby. Pregnancy is craaazy.

In other news we got a new laptop! It's white and light, it has all it's keys and best of all it turns on! Our other four or five year old lappy called it quits the other day. We'd been living with it's lack of lefthand ctrl, function, righthand alt, and loose Q keys for a while (courtesy of our old cat Chaos and our new son Rowan) and conceded to having it plugged in all the time or face a ten minute battery life. For what we needed it worked fine, we could edit and store plenty of pictures and browse the internet just fine. Unfortunately as I said it croaked. The couple days ago Logan was internetting and it just turned itself off for good. So we shopped and compared and researched and yesterday we purchased a fancypants new sony laptop. I still have to figure out exactly how to put pictures on but when I do I will show you a few from the first half of our NZ adventure. Because I found the card :) Until then avoid mosquitos.





You should probably avoid mosquitos after that as well.

Let's just change the rule to always avoid mosquitos.

3 comments:

Reese said...

There are no mosquitos here. Come here!
Also... the word mosquitos is kind of like taquitos.
Yum.

Reese said...

Also also, your bite can't be antarctica because if it was it'd be very cold... not warm...

So... possibly australia. It can be hot there. A whopping 39 degrees celsius in Derby today!

loverstreet said...

i am emailing your funkyalyssa email, but maybe that isn't the working one anymore. check that if you can. if not, let me know what the right email address is for you.
lindsey.overstreet@gmail.com is right for me.

lots of love and put hand soap (liquid, but don't mix with water, just rub until it turns white) onto those bites. it sucks the itching right out!