I can't find the cord! I have a cord that connects my camera to my computer so that I can transfer pictures. Unfortunately my cord eludes me. So I'll just stick to text.
Since we've been home Rowan has started to crawl! He would move himself around in sort of an army crawl, dragging himself along the ground but before last week he hadn't crawled on his hands and knees. Well now he does and he is enjoying being able to move himself faster and further than ever. He also likes to "cruise" which is holding onto furniture and sidestepping to move around the room. He even sidestepped while leaning on the wall! It reminded me of spiderman. He is so cute.
Last weekend we went to Cherise and Kiel's wedding. It was looooovely and my boys did really good. Logan drove through the night after work to be there and took care of Rowan while I did the bridesmaid thing. Even though Rowan wasn't feeling 100% (he had a little cold) he was a champ and behaved then slept. He handled driving home well also. I know I was pretty tired of travelling. Don't get me wrong, I am SO glad that we could all be there for Cherise's wedding and we had a wonderful time. But after flying halfway across the world and driving all over the north island of NZ driving the last leg home (a six hour drive across Washington) was nearly the last straw. I was so happy that we cleaned up the house before we left because it was really nice just to come home and relax.
This week we've just been taking it easy. The newly wed Wadners got to hang out for a bit which was super fun. I'm glad that Kiel gets to be our sister-in-law ;) welcome to the wider Hilman clan buddy!
In other news I have decided to find as many different finger foods for my little guy that I can. When his cold was in full swing he just wanted to breastfeed. He's eating more food now but seems pretty unimpressed by baby food. However cheerios, puffs and peas are apparently great. So starting today I'm going to be on a search for good finger foods for a growly almost 10 month old who likes to feed himself. (I say growly because he likes to make a growling noise. It's not angry at all, I think he just wants to be a dinosaur or a bear or something. It's really cute)
Any advice on finding good foods for growing boys would be warmly accepted :D I'll try to find that cord soon so I can show off how big and accomplished and cute my baby is getting to be.
4 comments:
Growly Rowly Rowan. What a fun time you guys are in for now that he can motate. ( I know that is not a word but it should be)
I guess Gramma need to further baby proof the house. :)
Some of Simon's favorite finger foods are little squares of cheese (or grated cheese), little bits of chicken, avocado, beans, cubed cooked carrots, or squash, and of course all the cheerios, pirate's booty, puffs, broken crackers, and other small bready salty things we'll give him.
oooh avacado. Yum. For some reason I thought cheese wasn't good for little guys. Something about how they aren't supposed to have milk until they're a year old or something? I dunno...
anyway, thanks for the ideas! :D
you think Spider-man is cute? I think I'd have to agree!
You should try diced up pear or peaches! Danika really likes them...I think Rowan would too.
and....When can I come to your house?????
Post a Comment