Sunday, May 04, 2008

fun times

Whew! It's tougher than I expected to blog with a growing boy. But I love being a mom! I love playing with Rowan and watching him learn and explore and discover, it's so fun. He's not crawling yet but he definitely likes to be active and playing with (chewing on) most everything. Including most recently the apple tree in the back yard and Max's toy cat (see picture below). The apple tree was my fault, I took him into the backyard for an adventure and when I was letting him look at the apple tree I figured it wouldn't hurt him to chew on a branch because the worst thing hat could happen is he'd get a little dirt in his mouth. Well I forgot about the little blossoms starting to come out and he got a couple in his mouth. I freaked out just for a second and then swept my finger through his mouth and got the little flowers and leaves out. He wasn't phased at all and just looked confused when I was getting the tree bits out of his mouth. So nothing bad happened but I did berate myself a little for it. All in all I think we're doing pretty darn good :) Rowan is very sociable, we met a boy in the store the day Rowan turned six months who was one year and his name was Owen :) fun times...

so check out all the cute pictures and happy Rowan's six monthaversary everyone!

4 comments:

LPSM said...

Oh crap, If he six months than it means Danika is not. I think it may finally be time to get a 2008 calender......

Used Napkin2 said...

You let him chew on a tree??? That paints a pretty funny mental picture actually! :)

SabreMau said...

So, what'd you do for the Mothers Day thing?

Lola Bacon said...

Happy First Mother's Day!!!!! (sorry I'm a few days late) Simon loves to eat trees too. Your baby is cute!!!!!!!!!! Cute!!!!!! (sorry, totally wierd mood.)

Do you know how much your kid weighs now? I need to weigh Simon, I'm almost positive he's close to 25 lbs.