It's amazing that four months can bring so much change and that every change can bring feelings of excitment, happiness and pride in my big little guy but also twinges of sadness that each phase seems to last such a short time and a small wish that he could just stay this way forever. Being a parent is everything and nothing that I thought it would be... and I love it :)
Thursday, March 06, 2008
update
Rowan is officially doing good :) He had his 4 month appointment with the doctor today. He did pretty darn well with his shots (3 of 'em) and recovered quickly enough to make the doctors smile with his happy cuteness during his exam. He weighs 17 lbs 9oz and is about 26.25 inches long putting him in the 90th percentile in both height and weight as well as making him just about a quarter of an inch too long for his carseat's height limit.
Luckily we bought a bigger carseat a couple days ago in anticipation of this news so all we have to do is switch them. But I would be lying if I said I'm not just a bit sad to see my sweet little baby boy grow big enough to be too big for the seat we brought him home from the hospital in. I'm pretty sure seeing him in the big boy stroller seat will tug a bit at the heartstrings as well *siiigh*

It's amazing that four months can bring so much change and that every change can bring feelings of excitment, happiness and pride in my big little guy but also twinges of sadness that each phase seems to last such a short time and a small wish that he could just stay this way forever. Being a parent is everything and nothing that I thought it would be... and I love it :)
It's amazing that four months can bring so much change and that every change can bring feelings of excitment, happiness and pride in my big little guy but also twinges of sadness that each phase seems to last such a short time and a small wish that he could just stay this way forever. Being a parent is everything and nothing that I thought it would be... and I love it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He is such a little kissable cutie. Look at those cheeks!
Post a Comment