Monday, January 28, 2008
snow!
Hooray for snowy fun! On Saturday morning the boys (the big one included) decided they wanted to find some snow to play in. Gear was acquired and visions of gigantic snow covered hills filled everyones' minds. Bright and early Sunday morning we bundled up and headed out to Tiger mountain. Spirits were high until we reached the summit and discovered little snow and not much evidence that it was going to fall anytime soon. We stopped to let the littlest boy eat while the bigger ones went into Safeway to get snacks. On return to the truck they announced that the cashier informed them of snow just a bit further up the road. So with hopes renewed we forged on and discovered the wintery wonderland. Cameron was astonished, he had never seen that much snow in his life and kept asking me how there could be that much and how it stayed there. Fortunately not being able to make head nor tail of it didn't stop him from having a great time :) Everyone enjoyed themselves immensely (especially Max) with the exception of Rowan getting a bit cranky before falling asleep and the drivers of two trucks who tried to drive up a snowy hill with just road tires and slid back down. All in all it was a great trip and MUCH better than having to drive all the way home defeated. Gotta love sisu :)

As you can see the snow day was a success. Before we got home Logan reported that we had all fallen asleep :) Aaand we brought it with us! When Logan got up for work this morning it was snowing! We don't have a lot and it'll probably melt within a day or two but for the time being it's snow on the ground in my backyard and I'm happy :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay snow! (I almost wrote Yoy snow!)
Looks like fun! I had some snow adventure too. But I missed out on Rowan and Cam Cam :(
I'll have to catch up with them later :)
Hurray for winter adventures! I would have liked to have had snow on my trip too but alas...
Those boys are NOT going to want to come home. You spoil them sooooo much!
I love your new blog layout Alyssa - and I really LOVE that picture too! Glad you guys had a good day. (Hopefully your blog likes me today - I usually just give up...)
yay my blog likes you today!
Post a Comment