Monday, September 17, 2007

overdue pictures

Hey guys, thanks for the reminder that I haven't actually put that many pictures on here. I look so much at my Mom's pictures on her blog and what she sends me on email that I forget sometimes that I don't put that many on my blog. So here you go, some pictures :)


My mom wanted me to stand next to a picture I made in a college color theory class, the theme of my project was "motherly love" and I was supposed to go through magazines and use only the color purple to communicate my theme.


Here I am at a coffee shop drinking an italian soda with cream :) yuuuuuummy


This is my Dad and me working on a fun home improvement project


Here's a shot of Rowan's room from the doorway, to the left (once we get everything we want and set it up) will be a changing table, a rocking chair and ottoman and perhaps a small lamp table as well.


This is a close up on most of the wonderful crib set I got off of craigslist and the little bear I bought for Rowan at Ikea because I thought it was freaking adorable :) I think it's a perfectly wonderful first teddy bear :) We're planning to paint the walls mostly light yellow with two horizontal stripes of color on the lower walls, one of green and one of blue. The shades of all three of those colors are pretty much what you see in the bedding I got. I'm excited to paint and nervous also thinking that we won't get everything ready and in place before he gets here. I'm sure we will but I'm also pretty sure that it's my job as the mother-to-be to fret from time to time about those things.



To all who may be curious I cannot say when the beloved kiwi whilst be home again. To be honest I don't even know when it's going to be. They usually don't let anyone know that sort of thing until very close to the date, probably not even the guys. But being army you just learn to deal with that sort of thing and settle with just being giddy that he'll be back soon :D which I am.

4 comments:

loverstreet said...

1) you are so cute! we all knew you would be an adorable pregnant momma, but you win all the awards!
2) rowan's room is splendid!

thanks for posting these photos. we love you, your kiwi, and your growing little one.

Lola Bacon said...

Cute room cute pregnant lady!

Jenn Turner said...

Such a cute mommy! Cute house too! Can't wait to meet Rowan. Lys, will you please email me? jennturner@comcast.net Thanks!

The Webbs said...

Great pictures...I love seeing them! (and you) Yes, you'll have several freak out moments, but just know that it's more you freaking out than the situation at hand. You'll be fine. It's just the mommy in you coming out!