Two weeks ago tomorrow I was driving to the post office to send Logan a box of goodies and love when a piece of my upper left wisdom tooth came off. I called my dentist and requested to get my tooth looked at. Since it was labor day weekend soonest they could get me in was the next Tuesday. Toughing out the weekend wasn't a bad since the tooth didn't hurt so I just went in on Tuesday. They agreed that it could be a problem if left alone, even though it wasn't hurting me. Well confusion and hesitation on my part as to who exactly I needed to get to sign my dental consent form caused the process to be delayed until my 33 week check up this past Monday.
In any case I got a consent form signed to bring to my dentist on Monday so I called in for an appointment. The soonest I could be seen was yesterday at 2:30 (which of course made Logan giggle when he heard because he could joke about my "tooth-hurty" appointment) so that's when I went in and everything went just about a perfect as could be. It went much faster than I had anticipated. One reason was that they wanted to pull only one of my teeth, the broken one, I only have two wisdom teeth that have erupted but they were concerned about the amount of anesthetic they would need to use and the time it would take for them to pull both teeth in one sitting. I suspect also that they didn't realize until I walked in that I was as far along in my pregnancy as I am since they seemed hesitant even to pull the one. The tooth came out quickly and in one piece, which I think was just the grace of God :) and I went on my merry way.
Merry that is until the anesthetic wore off ;) haha, it actually doesn't hurt that much. I've heard lower jaw extractions are worse, Logan was certainly put out by getting his lower wisdom teeth pulled a few months ago and my sister (who just had a baby) got one pulled not too long ago and she said her pain level was pretty bad. I was going to follow her suggestion to get some stronger meds for the pain just so it'd be on hand but I got all distracted yesterday and never called my dentist or OB clinic. Lucky for me that it isn't bad too because not only would she have quite a bit to say "I told you so" about ;) but her warnings about stressing out my baby and not being able to sleep well would have probably been ever so true. I've been doing alright on just generic tylenol-like non-aspirin pain relievers every six hours or so and pretty proud of myself :)
Of course I don't think myself a superhero or anything. I'm counting my blessings and thanking God for the wisdom of caution in my dentist, if it was up to me I would have tried to have both pulled yesterday and I don't think I would want to eat anything at all if I didn't have one side of my mouth to help chew soft food :) Speaking of which, it is time to find me some breakfast. I think microwaved (and cooled) toaster waffles and applesauce sound great :D
5 comments:
are you kidding me!? you're totally a super-hero.
pretty much reading this entire post I was marvelling at the majesty of your superhero-ness and your cape!
prehaps we could join forces?
haha, that sounds great! :D I'll be a super pregnant girl with only one wisdom tooth. Half the wisdom, all the power! ;) and you're already a super school attending coffee and smoothie making jr high leading wonder! We'll have an army of jr highers at our command! Muahahahahaha!
We'll have to come up with some cool supernames too then we can hang out in your superlair with a stylish Indian inspired decor!
Among your adventures was entrusting you life and the life of your son to our lovely youngest daughter at the wheel of your coolest of cars.
oh yeah, that too :)
do any pregnancy pictures exist yet? we haven't seen much of the rowan home! we all know that you have to be one of the cutest pregnant chicks ever, so let us see.
brandon and i were also discussing the return date of our favorite kiwi--any ideas?
we hope you are doing great. love you, the overstreets
Post a Comment