Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mom... Courtney put real strawberries in my life!

The quote of the day! Cameron whined it this morning when without his consent, Courtney unceremoniously plopped slices and pieces of actual (not dried or candy) strawberries into his life cereal. Listening to the complaint from the other room before knowing what had happened was quite amusing.

I've been visiting my parents for a bit while Logan has been away at mountain warfare school. It's been a fun trip. I went out with Courtney today to practice driving which turned out to be less stressful than it may seem. We drove 'round and 'round the parking lots out at Jantzen Beach and only frustrated one motorist (who was driving like an idiot anyway) by driving a bit slow. All in all a good lesson we decided.

Yesterday I had an OB appointment which my mom accompanied me to. We drove my car from Portland up to Ft. Lewis and back, I was glad to have some company on the trip and she got to hear the baby's heartbeat! It was moving around a bit this time but we manage to catch up with it :) the growth of the baby and all that is just right but apparently I need to gain more weight. It's weird for me to get used to pregnant eating habits, I think I've been stuck in a pre-pregnancy mindset. Which is not the best when there is a small person inside of you who pretty much gets dibs on all the nutrients. The doctor was a good one and I think that her advice will really help me get on track with getting my body where it needs to be.

I'm super excited also because I just scheduled my ultrasound :D June 19th we should be able to find out if we'll be having a girl or a boy. Cross your fingers that the baby cooperates for us ;) I'm off to eat (good and healthy food of course) because that's what the doctor ordered!

2 comments:

Lola Bacon said...

I had a hard time eating enough too! I still do, it's hard for me to eat enough. I have to eat constantly. But I'm just a tiny bit under the 'right' amount of weight gain so I am doing fine now. No more passing out!

WallaWallaDay said...

Nothing good has happened since then!? Come on! C'mon!!!