Friday, April 13, 2007

hooray baby

Logan got to come with me to my first appointment today. It was all good news, the massive amounts of blood they took from me last time determined that I am healthy and that I am blood type AB positive, a rare type I'm told. Everything is the right size and looking good

AAAND

we got to hear the baby's heartbeat! :D That was exciting for us. It was really quick (160) but the midwife said that is just the way it's supposed to be with teeny babies. She said it was like a little bird, which I thought was pretty cute :) but I am pregnant and prone to sappy. No ultrasound this early, we're only about 12 weeks along, that will come in June :D yay.

2 comments:

Jenn Turner said...

Yeah! Well, if you believe in the heartbeat theory - which was accurate for 2 of my 3 pregnancies - it sounds like a girl...time will tell :)

Lyssa said...

I actually asked the midwife about that theory and she said that this early on it probably doesn't count for much but later it will more so. Like you said, time will tell :)