I have been reminded that I get to pick up Clyde today.
For those of you enticed to read on by my leading title and opening sentence I hope you're not too grossed out. Clyde was once some sort of wild ram, I'm not sure which but he has curly horns and rectangle irises. Now he hangs on the wall in the barracks where Logan works, or at least his head does, that is until around last Friday when someone rushed by a little too close with an enormous armload and he fell down. Luckily Clyde is well loved and we got him into Roger the taxidermist to be fixed.
Now I get to go pick him up since he's all better. Some of you would probably be a bit squeamish if you had to even look at let alone hold Clyde the ram head. To be honest that part doesn't bug me. The part that kinda creeps me out is having to go into the taxidermist's little shack of a business. It looks small and crowded inside and apparently the smell of the glue is a bit overpowering. When Logan came out after only being inside long enough to drop Clyde off he said he felt just a little bit dizzy and that Roger must be high as a kite. Anyway, small places that make you dizzy are definitely not on my list of fun destinations. However as I said Clyde is well loved and I will go, quickly as I can, this afternoon to rescue him from the dizzying confines of Roger's Taxidermy.
5 comments:
Say hi to Clyde for me! I miss that guy, we had the best times....
Oooh! Fun Times! Sounds like a good plot for a children's book...
Um, Jenn, no offense but I don't think I'll be reading your children's books about taxidermied animals :)
And so - Alyssa, how was it? Small and gluey?
Come on! Room for lots of creativity :) By the way, has anyone looked at my blog lately? I did finally update it!
Who doesn't love the taxidermist? Really???
Post a Comment