Thursday, March 02, 2006

chillin in Sisters

I just watched Girl With a Pearl Earring with my Mum-in-law, it was a really pretty movie. The whole movie was sort of muted and the lighting was amazing. Almost every scene looked like it could have been if it wasn't already a painting. Beautiful, but apart from that I wasn't thrilled with it. It was a good movie and all but the ending was a bit odd to me and there were a lot of parts that left both of us tilting our heads and asking, "huh?". I guess I'm just not artsy or intellectual enough for those sorts of things. I like movies like The Rundown (or as it was apparently known in Australia and the UK "Welcome to the Jungle") starring Sean William Scott and the Rock. Oh yeah, shoot 'em up, make dumb jokes, fight some more and blow stuff up. Now THAT'S a good movie ;) throwing in the hero aspect is always good too, save the people, save the girl, save whoever, then blow more stuff up :) gotta love a good mindless action movie.


Well.... I guess you don't HAVE to.

3 comments:

SabreMau said...

Its title in Korean video stores was "Welcome to the Jungle", too.

Jenn Turner said...

Sheezzzz! I've read this like 5 times and I just now realized - you have a mother-in-law!!!!!!!! Do you realize how scary that is???? (Well, scary for me anyway - She actually sounds pretty nice...) You are married!

Wow.

jas said...

I hope I don't have to... 'cause I don't. But I do like you.