Sunday, February 26, 2006

mmmm cha! cha! cha!

I went out to lunch with a friend from work today. It was fun I rode my bike up to a Mexican restaurant on Broadway, one of the best parts of the day was riding down 17th. It was great! I don't think I've never been south on that street before, I saw houses I'd never seen in a neighborhood I've never been in (except maybe in a vehicle). I felt very happy :) I want to ride more places that I haven't ridden, or perhaps even been, before! Another best part was teaching the bible lesson to my 4-6 year olds in Sunday School (well, TECHNICALLY I suppose they were 4-7 year olds but the one 7 year old is fluent in Portuguese but not so much in English.) We learned about Jairus' daughter. I started out just talking to them but all I got were blank stares so we acted it out going between walking/running in place (being Jairus) and laying on the ground (being his daughter). They got it then so when I got to the point when they got to the house they were putty in my paws... haha, not really, I just said that because Logan likes to say it. But they did listen to the rest of the lesson intently. Which is not easy with 17 preschoolers let me tell you. In the end they learned about God and I made a new buddy! Bradley is a four year old who was new tonight, well new to me anyway. My favorite was when we watched Veggietales at the end of class, when the bogeyman song came on and he hunched his little shoulders, made creepy fingers and sang along, it was SO CUTE!

3 comments:

Jenn Turner said...

Sounds like fun! Wanna come teach my kid's Sunday School class?

Have you heard from Logan yet? I hope so.

Lyssa said...

I was supposed to get a letter in the mail today or tomorrow but I'm in Sisters until Saturday so I won't read it until then.

Lyssa said...

I suppose that should say I AM supposed to, I just don't know if it's in yet or not.