Saturday, January 28, 2006

This is nuts

Drawing class is insane :P On Monday I have to bring in fourteen drawings, first of all I need to make up seven composite animals combining at least three real ones, then I need to sketch out skeletal and muscular diagrams of each :P APPARENTLY zoobooks are great for this. I say this is crazy and I'm going nuts, I don't even have seven ideas for animals let alone drawings of their skeletons and muscle structure! Bugs are one thing, animals? :P I know as soon as I have my animal it won't be horrible and having a sketch of it's skeleton and muscles will probably be an effective tool but... *whine* I don't want to draw SEVEN of them :P :P :P stupid intermediate drawing class.... *sigh* my best idea of an animal so far is a cat with horns and big tiger paws. Other than that a snake/fish/lizard is my best bet.

4 comments:

Jenn Turner said...

Yikes! I was thinking about taking a drawing class on my last term at PCC...you're kinda scaring me away, though...

WallaWallaDay said...

We have chickens, goats, dogs, a bunny and a horse at our house. Perhaps you could use those animals.

It could be a farm creature. You could do other themed creatures like your snake/fish/lizard could be your water/swamp creature.
You could do savannah creatures, jungle creatures, plains creatures, house creatures...
I don't know, just my ideas.

Lyssa said...

oooh good ideas! don't be scared about drawing classes, this is an intermediate class, the instructor is great and it would probably be easier if he wasn't moving right now. As a result of him being in transit he doesn't know where his slides are or anything so we're working off of nothing. And I sort of procrastinated... so I'm a little more freaked than I need to be.

Lola Bacon said...

Oooh.... Alyssa! I like your project. Will you put scans of them up when you are done?

You could do a "Ham House" animal - we have one cat, four birds, one box turtle, and a whipple. See if you can make a good animal out of that!